Occasionally there are situations in which a property would make an excellent comparable for a CMA or appraisal, but the property was sold without having been Listed in the Utahrealestate.com MLS. In such cases, these properties may be input after the sale, so they can be used for comparable purposes.
To add these Non-MLS Sold Listings to the MLS, follow these guidelines:
1. Obtain written permission from the buyer (current owner) of the property. You must also obtain the closing documents for the property for verification.
2. Complete a Utahrealestate.com Listing Input Form and have the current owner review it for accuracy.
3. When entering the Listing on the MLS, enter yourself as the Listing Agent.
4. Use the Listing Date as the date that the property went Under Contract. (You will use the same date as the Under Contract date).
5. In the Remarks section of the Listing, indicate that the listing is being entered “For comparable purposes only.”
6. After entering the Listing to the MLS, before marking the Listing as Under Contract/Sold, upload any photos that you have for the Listing. Photos cannot be uploaded after the Listing has been marked as Sold.
7. You must input the property and change the status to Sold in one sitting. Don’t enter it and allow it to reside on the Utahrealestate.com in Active or Under Contract status. Once the Listing is created, upload photos, then immediately change the status to Under Contract (using the correct Under Contract Date) and then change it to Sold (using the correct Sold date).
8. If you or another Utahrealestate.com subscriber did not bring the buyer, enter NONMLS as the selling agent.
9. If the listing was a New Construction, and you were represented either the Buyer or the Seller, you do not need to send documentation of the sale.
10. If the listing was not a new construction (or if you were not a party to the sale), you MUST send a copy of all relevant documentation for the closing of the sale of the property, including applicable HUD forms, appraisals, and other closing documents, along with a copy of the Agent Full Report of the sold listing that you have added as a comparable, to email@example.com, or fax it to 801-676-5401.
If you have any questions, please contact our Technical Support department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-800-236-1462, between 8am and 5:30pm, Monday through Friday. Thanks!